Information for University of Saskatchewan students studying abroad. If you are an international student studying at the University of Saskatchewan, please refer to the international students page.

International Student and Study Abroad Centre

The International Student and Study Abroad Centre (ISSAC) is closed but offering remote services. If you would like to talk directly to an International Education Officer, all advising will be conducted online.

Changes in procedures due to COVID-19

Student international travel

All university-related international travel is suspended until further notice.

2020 spring and summer terms

All university-related international travel by students during the spring and summer terms has been suspended. If you are able to postpone travel please consider this option, otherwise, all university-related travel arrangements during this time must be cancelled.

If you were participating in a college organized study abroad program in the spring or summer terms, please contact your college coordinator if you have questions relating to the cancellation of the program. For all other inquiries, please email the International Student and Study Abroad Centre at

2020 fall term

All outgoing student exchanges for the fall term have been cancelled. Students who were nominated by the International Student and Study Abroad Centre (ISSAC) for the 2020 fall term student exchange program will be contacted by ISSAC to discuss their options.

Frequently asked questions

For USask students planning to travel outside of Canada for university related activities

Arts and Science faculty-led program fees will be fully refunded; please contact for more details. Participants in other faculty-led programs should discuss reimbursements with the college that was offering the program.

Contact the organizations through which you've made any plans (airlines, hotels, insurance companies etc.) and see if you are able to be refunded for any cancellations.

If you have received funding from the International Student and Study Abroad Centre, please contact Scholarships and financial aid may be modified or rescinded depending on the individual's circumstances.

If you have received funding from your department or another organization, please get in touch directly with them about your scholarship. If you are unsure about who your scholarship provider is, please contact and we will do our best to direct you accordingly.

For USask students currently abroad

There may be limited options available to Canadians wanting to return to Canada. Please contact the closest Canadian embassy to discuss your options to return to Canada and financial help for Canadians outside Canada.

Canadian citizens please contact if planning to return to Canada. International students please contact if planning to return to Canada. Students participating in affiliated study abroad programs please contact

Follow the advice and instructions of local authorities and prioritize your well-being. Make sure to register with Global Affairs Canada for any consular assistance.

If you are a USask exchange student and your term was interrupted, there is a possibility of tuition refund, if you are not able to continue or complete your courses online. Please contact the International Student and Study Abroad Centre at about your circumstances and we will provide further information about how to submit a financial appeal.

For returning travellers

Yes. Based on the Quarantine Act put in place on March 25, 2020, all travellers entering Canada must self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival to Canada. Failure to self-isolate could result in fines up to $750,000 and/or prison time for up to six months.

Please follow the Government of Canada's guidelines to self-isolate for 14 days following travel and continue to monitor for symptoms related to COVID-19 like fever, coughing and difficulty breathing. If you experience symptoms, contact HealthLine 811 for advice.

For inbound exchange students at USask

Currently all classes are being offered online for USask students. Students who have gone home and students who are still in Canada can complete their courses through remote learning.

You can access an unofficial copy of your transcript online through your PAWS account. Once we are able, we will send one transcript free of charge directly to your exchange program coordinator. If your home institution cannot accept an unofficial transcript until we are able to send one directly to you, please contact and we will try to make other arrangements.