Students living in Residence are encouraged to access the following services if they need support:
- Counselor in-Residence (CIR) - residents can speak to the CIR by emailing email@example.com and asking to speak with the CIR over the phone.
- Your Student Life Coordinator for your respective Residence area, available 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Mon - Fri:
- Seager Wheeler and Souris Hall: Kallum Perkins - 306-966-1420 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Voyageur Place: Andres Barrera Patlan - 306-966-6565 or email@example.com.
- College Quarter Phase 1: Annie Johnson - 306-966-6562 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- College Quarter Phase 2: Andrew Harris - 306-966-6536 or email@example.com.
- Graduate House, Assiniboine Hall, and Wollaston Hall: Dalton Van Der Nest - 306-966-6524 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The RA on Duty for your respective Residence area, available daily from 7 pm - 7 am:
- Seager Wheeler: 306-361-7656.
- Voyageur Place: 306-281-4496.
- College Quarter Phase 1: 306-290-4470.
- College Quarter Phase 2: 306-291-9967.
- Graduate House, Assiniboine Hall, and Wollaston Hall: 306-291-5007.
Read about other health and wellness supports available to all students.
Changes in procedures due to COVID-19
Living in Residence
The following changes are being made to allow for proper social distancing for those that need to remain in a University of Saskatchewan residence:
- Effective 12pm noon Wednesday, March 25, all students who are able to safely return home and do not have special circumstances that may warrant an exception, are required to move out of residence.
- International students and other students who have been identified as not being able to return home safely are allowed to continue living in Residence until further notice. You do not need to complete an application for the Spring/Summer semester.
- Students who cannot leave and are currently in Voyageur Place will be directly notified of relocation to a different residence. We are moving students out of the Voyageur Place dorm-style rooms and into apartment-style residence units for the proper social distancing.
- As a result of the residences being equipped with full in-room kitchens, Culinary Services will no longer be offering dining service, but will offer modified food delivery if a resident is in self-isolation or quarantine.
- Any questions regarding residences can be directed to: email@example.com.
Guests are no longer permitted in Residence, with the exception of one guest/resident for those moving out; if your roommate brings a guest over, you should remind them of the rules and have them ask the guest to leave, or inform Residence so that we may follow-up with a sanction.
Maintain a distance of 2 meters between you and others, in accordance with the Government of Canada regulations.
Given the extraordinary nature of this time, and the need for physical distancing, we are forgoing the typical move-out inspection process. Residents are still encouraged to ensure that they leave their units as clean as possible and that they remove any garbage before their departure.
We encourage students living in Residence to continue submitting maintenance requests through our online portal. However, staff will respond to emergency situations only. This practice will reduce traffic in the units with your health and safety in mind. Emergency maintenance can be reported to Protective Services at 306-966-5555 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Frequently asked questions
If you left Residence without returning your bedroom or mailbox key these can be returned to the Residence Office via mail. Please include your name, NSID and room number and ensure that the envelope is completely sealed to avoid the key becoming lost in transit. Please note that as our staff is operating remotely, we are unable to confirm receipt of these items at present.
Yes, all students who moved out by March 31st got a refund on their April rent fee. Any unpaid rental amounts or other fees on your account will remain unchanged and you will remain responsible for their payment.
For Voyageur Place students: the meal plan portion of your rental lease will be pro-rated and residents will receive a refund of the April portion of these fees.