Stages of reopening are guided by Provincial recommendations and guidelines, but USask may decide to move more conservatively in some areas to ensure the health and safety of students, faculty and staff.
USask is currently in Stage 3 of reopening.
Operations and facilities will focus on what the spaces and services on-campus will require for the resumption of on-campus activity.
To support a consistent and centralized response to increased activity ensuring the safety of faculty, staff, and students.
Services Portfolio (Facilities, Protective Services, Parking Services, Consumer Services and Connection Point) and SPO Office (EPMO, IPLD, FRAN, Shared Services).
Roles and Responsibilities
Providing the logistical framework specific to facilities and resources to assist colleges and units in their delivery of the academic mission.
- Alignment with the Provincial Re-Open Plan parameters and restrictions as set out by the Chief Medical Health Officer.
- Increased on-campus activity is deemed critical and necessary to support the strategic priorities of the university.
Planning and Logistics
- Develop resource requirement checklist for return of on-campus activity (COT work, security patrol needs) - completed
- Develop capital program for building and service requirements based on Provincial public health guidelines (traffic flow, cleaning regime, signage and directional indicators, barriers and protective screens, entries, exits, removal of furniture) – occurring and completed by September 1
- Develop access inventory (including type of access required) and monitoring (what spaces have been utilized and for how long) – occurring
- Develop response protocol for CoVID-19 positive case on campus - completed
- Map labour resources to buildings – occurring and completed by September 1
- Continue to evaluate existing capital projects to determine whether on-site activity proceeds, to support teaching and research activities, and university operations – occurring and ongoing
- Develop a re-open plan for ancillary services in support of student success (residence, culinary, parking, retail) – June and ongoing.
Contracts with vendors (food deliveries), Colliers (residences), Minister of Health, external design for signage